If you have an old roof or a home that sits right below a large tree, it may be time to get your roof cleaned. Cleaning your roof may not only be satisfying and healthier, but it will also increase the curb appeal of your home and may even increase the value of your home when it is time to sell it. Therefore, we’ll be discussing how to clean your roof in the safest way. Don’t forget, if you end up needing assistance, we at Sure Shot Pressure Washing have you covered.
How to clean your roof (the safe way)
- Choose a day when the weather is calm to clean your roof so that winds or rain do not make it unsafe or harder to clean
- Analyze the steepness of the roof and if the job seems a bit too daunting, don’t be afraid to hire a professional (your safety is most important)
- Don’t use a pressure washer because it can damage shingles (a spraying hose can be used instead)
- If you use a bleach solution to clean, be aware of surrounding surfaces and/or plants that may be harmed
- Don’t wait until your roof and gutters are completely covered in years of dirt to start cleaning, try to do it on a more regular basis
If you have any questions, please contact us!